TIMIO – Interactive Music and Audio Player

Originally posted by MET student shuebrook on 24/01/2020

TIMIO is an educational audio toy and music player that offers quality sound, interactivity, and content to help develop your child’s vocabulary, intellect, and imagination. TIMIO uses magnetic discs to unlock a library of curated content, from nursery rhymes and lullabies to fairy tales and vocabulary, all in 6 different languages: ENGLISH, SPANISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, DUTCH and MANDARIN CHINESE… with possibly more to come in the future.How is TIMIO different from other kids audio players?TIMIO really allows kids to be in control. They can chose the exact content they’d like to play. Unlike other audio player TIMIO is also versatile and can play Nursery Rhymes, teach vocabulary, transform into a music instrument, help kids fall asleep, and play fairy tales all in one toy. And on top of that TIMIO is interactive, it will ask questions to reinforce the learning process.

( Average Rating: 3.5 )

3 responses to “TIMIO – Interactive Music and Audio Player”

1. Grant MacLeod

Yes, I would invest in this venture. This pitch addressed a concern that many parents have and that is their children having too much screen time. Although I am not fully against screen time, I would agree that too much screen time can be harmful. Studies have shown that screen time should be limited especially for young children. But oftentimes parents need something to keep their young children busy and entertained and usually plopping their child down in front of a screen is the easiest thing to do. Unfortunately, screen content is super reinforcing and can become addicting if not managed well. Timio is an educational toy and screen-less product and addresses this issue.

Yes, there are many screen-less toys and audiobooks in the market that also address this issue but what sets Timio apart from these other toys is the amount of audio content it comes with and its ability to grow with the child. From lullabies to fairy tales this product can grow with a child from their birth until 6 years old. It’s rare today to find products that will last over the years and grow with the consumer and this product does that. For the consumer this shows real value. Timio is a safe and attractive toy that catches the eye. It has multiple languages and is full of engaging content. As an EVA, this is a tough market to get into and this could be risky because of the current popularity of screens. However, I think it is a product that parents are looking for and is worth the investment because it fills a gap in the market.

2. analesa crooks-eadie

I would not invest in this venture.
    As a mother of two young kids under 4, I really like Timio’s interactivity without the screen time. I also like the accessibility of the product in 5 different languages. Another pro for Timio is that it can grow with your child from nursery rhymes and soothing music putting the baby to sleep to variable learning activities. Despite all of this, it is similar to a lot of devices on the market. The pitch provides a storyline that seemed overly staged and was not authentic. The family hanging around a bowl of fruit while the child was playing with the fruit disc was the breaking point for me. I am not convinced if children would interact with the product. The pitch refers to the simplicity of Timio as a selling point. I think the simplicity may actually be something that causes it not to be used. In addition, the multiple discs to change in and out pose a problem for me. An adult typically has to change them in and out. I would imagine the discs could easily get misplaced or broken as well.

3. cindy keung

Yes, I would invest in this venture. As a teacher, language teacher and musician (music player portion), it’s great how this device is safe and how it is catered to pre-school and primary learners who are developing their literacy through audio and kinetic senses. I also appreciate how it comes in different languages. The next phase I would like to see is the development and increased content via the magnetic disks. I also appreciate that the magnetic disks aren’t the typical screens we use on computers (which deals with the over amount of screen time children experience) and which can also prevent vision depreciation as a results of the effects of screens. TIMIO is a good resource for pre-school and/or after school care groups and it is a safe way to soothe children before bed e.g. lullabies and no blue screen activity.