An alternative approach!

Hi!  My name is Karen Jones and I live in North Vancouver and teach in Richmond, BC. This is my 22st year working in a small alternative program for grades 9 and 10 teens with behavioural issues, to whom I teach science and English. My B.Sc., B. Ed, and Diploma in Computing Studies were all obtained from UBC, and this is my seventh ETEC course. My teaching interests lay in creating supportive blended learning environments that address the diversity of learning styles, interests, and abilities of the students in our program.

Storefront location of Station Stretch Program

My focus in the MET program has developed to include issues of accessibility of online learning environments to students with learning disabilities. With ETEC 522, I am hoping to learn how to “pitch an idea” to effect change at different organizational levels within the system, from school to government.

Homer's Siren Rocks, Foca, Turkey

When not entertaining delusions of grandeur, ;-P I am occupied with travel, running, road & mountain biking, and skiing.  After taking time off from MET this past summer, I look forward to gathering renewed inspiration from my colleagues in this course.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Kayaking Indian Arm

Posted in: Week 01: Introductions