The eLearning Coach

Just catching the swing of things and catching on slowly– my apologies for dragging on this posting.

The eLearning Coach’s eLearning Technology Trends to Watch in 2011 was a very nice, very simple introduction to trends of eLearning as they where when published, but it quickly loses its scoop as it becomes outdated.  While my appetite was whetted by the simple descriptions of the trends, I was left in most cases wanting more information on the trend itself and the information that led to the conclusion.

For a few of the trends, there were experts attached, but I was still left a little disappointed that there were not references to specific websites where we could learn more about the trends (recent articles, etc. from which the trends were identified).  This reminded me a little of a textbook in that the hyperlinks were scarce, which means that this could have been just as effective as printed word.   The internet leaves us with limitless opportunities to make out points, but this description fell a little short (insert youtube video on the potential of the internet so I don’t become a hypocrite 🙂 ).

Who was this resource intended for?  It seemed that it was geared more toward the end user than the costumer or learner.  This could have been enhanced by providing details and background information to lead us to understand the trends a little further for our learners.

A final word: while I appreciated the ideas, I was disappointed in their potential for depth.  The presentation of the ideas was succinct and appropriate, but there should have been opportunities to learn more embedded.

Cheers,

Kristopher

Posted in: Week 02: The Edtech Marketplace