Hello Everyone, My name is Catherine Ran…

Hello Everyone,

My name is Catherine Ranson from Toronto, Ontario. I have been teaching Dental Hygiene for the past 22 years in the college system in Ontario. My background is science, oral health, access to healthcare and I have a undergraduate degree in Health Administration. I am currently a full-time faculty member at George Brown College in Toronto and have both a teaching and administrative role. We recently relocated our campus to the watefront in Toronto, hence the last week has been rather hectic but our new location if breath taking!

This is my 8th MET course and I am very excited to join this learning community. I just finished ETEC 530, excellent course. I am looking forward to the technical component in this course and learning about the emerging trends of educational technology and the business aspect that this course seems to venture into.

In my professional life outside of George Brown I have work experience with the Commission of Dental Accreditation for Canada as an accreditation survey team member participating in the accreditation granting process, the Dental Hygiene National Certification Board Exam and recently elected as a council member to the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO).

I look forward to learning together.

Catherine

Posted in: Week 01: Introductions