ShowMe

Thank you App OER for leading the way…i’ve already shared some resources with colleagues that have helped them immensely.  I wanted to share the applicaiton ‘ShowME’ as it has made life a little easier, and allowed my students to ShowMe their work/thinking.

ShowMe is a powerful application which basically turns your iPad into an interactive whiteboard.  Import images, work on documents and export anything using email, the photo gallery or other mediums (twitter, facebook, etc.)

The real benefit of this app is how the students can RECORD the entire process of finishing an activity or annotate a document.  I’m using it for homework assignments in Math.  I will post a handout on our webpage, the kids will find the pdf, import it into ShowMe and hit the record button as they’re working on it.  After they email it out to me, or I view it on their iPad, I can see their annotations and hear them talking about how they’re solving the problems.

It has been great to not only see my student’s thinking, but a great way to show students and their parents where an area of improvement or mastery might be.

You need an iPad, but a wonderful resource nonetheless.

Posted in: Week 05: