General

Greetings from Edmonton

Hello everyone! My name is Ryan and I am currently enrolled in 522 and 565m, both with David! These are courses 7 and 8 for me in my MET journey. I  have greatly enjoyed my experiences thus far in all the courses that I have completed and I have been looking forward to this course since my enrollment (more on that in a second!)

I currently live in Edmonton with my wonderful wife and 2 daughters (who just finished their second day of grades 3 and 1). Although I live in Edmonton, I am commuting to Fort Saskatchewan (NE of Edmonton) where I am fulfilling a new role as “Directeur adjoint” (assistant principal) in a newly formed French immersion school. Previous to this I have been working else where in the district as an educator.

I have been looking forward to this course as I have always felt that I have had a very entrepreneurial spirit, but have not known how to express it. My hope is that I will either have made or be on the cusp of making a true foray into a Kickstarter campain!!! (The thought gives me shivers!) Since its conception I have been drawn to see and support the creativity of those around the world, which has caused my wife to say (with much love) “No more Kickstarter!” (My bank account is not large enough for all the innovation I have seen!)

I am looking forward to learning lots this term and in getting to know all of you!

Bon courage!

One day…

Standard