Gord Higginson’s ETEC 540 Rip.Mix.Feed

I combined a number of tools to create my Rip.Mix.Feed.  “Spelling with Flickr”  (http://metaatem.net/words/) brings up very interesting banners with just a few keystrokes.  “Dumpr” (www.dumpr.net) has wonderful tools to add interest and character to your images.  “Smilebox” (www.smilebox.com) is easy to use and gives a polished product with ease.  I had difficulty adding more than one image per slide, though.  May be possible, but wasn’t obvious.  I found this a bit limiting, as I wanted to put some images side-by-side.  All images (except the Ipad) were taken at my school.   This was  a fun project, and eye-opening! Wow, there are a lot of cool tools out there to try out. 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free photo slideshow
This entry was posted in Rip.Mix.Feed. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Gord Higginson’s ETEC 540 Rip.Mix.Feed

1. coffeys says:

Hi Gord, I really enjoyed your Smilebox presentation. I particularly liked the way you used the Rubic’s cube to cut up the images of the course texts, neat analogy to hypertext. I used Smilebox 4 or 4 years ago to create invites for a Hallowe’en party but don’t remember being able to add personal photos. I just checked out the website after seeing your presentation and it has really expanded with way more format options and the ability to add your own photos. An example of evolving Web 2.0. Shannon

2. coffeys says:

3. Annette Smith says:

Hi Gord,

So many good questions in your slideshow. I wonder if children will have to print in 30 years? I have horrible printing, so it wouldn’t be too much of a loss for me! Since the 80’s I have written papers and other text on wordprocessors. I am not sure I could write a whole paper long-hand anymore. For many students the bottle-neck in writing is not the ideas, or the narrative structure, it is the actual printing. I wonder if we will see different groups of students being classed as ‘learning disabled’ as we engage more with new text technologies and the production of print is less emphasized?

Annette