The Power of Text

Text Fist

Hello All,

My name is Danielle Boyd and I am in the later stages of my UBC M.Ed degree. I currently reside and teach in the beautiful town of Antigonish, Nova Scotia. For the most part, I teach math and technology courses at the high school level.

I chose this image for I believe it represents the power associated with literacy, information, and knowledge. Although it does not contain any specific technology and mostly text, I believe that it supports the idea that technology alone does not lead to enhanced learning. Rather, a mix of technology and solid educational practices (the human component) can create successful learning environments.

5 Responses to The Power of Text

1. Juliana says:

Hi Danielle,

I loved your choice in picture. I agree with you in that technology alone does not lead to enhanced learning.

Looking forward to working with you!

Juliana.

2. Lynette Manton says:

Hi Danielle,

Great image! In any context, words (and education) are powerful.

Lynette

3. jvirk says:

Hi Danielle,
    Looking forward to working with you again!
    Your image does bring forth the power of literacy. The scope of this power is evident in poor countries where women have been enpowered through education and the difference it has made in their lives.
    Jasmeet

4. Steph says:

Hi Danielle,

My parents live in Lyons Brook, outside of Pictou. They are originally from the area and retired there after my sister and I left home.

Steph

5. Gordana Jugo says:

Hi Danielle,

Nice to see you again! Agree that technology is not all that matters, the human component is crucial.

Gordana