Visually Supported Text

Day 347 - Candy canesHello, my name is Scott McKay and I work with a program called SETBC that provides specific technologies to students with special needs. I have chosen this particular photo as it illustrates how a product called Boardmaker can be used to visually support text. I work with students of all ages and abilities. My students have varying degrees of literacy and I help employ a wide range of specific interventions (ie Boardmaker, Dragon Naturally Speaking, braille devices, and even Morse code). I expect that my background will provide a number of unique intersections with the content of this course.

As for a few details about myself: I have four children. My eldest starts Kindergarten this year and my youngest was born in June. I enjoy spoiling my backyard chickens and have spent far too much time adding details to their coop. I thoroughly enjoy gardening and on a related note will soon start canning 120lbs of tomatoes next weekend. Our family resides in Prince George, BC. For those of you who know where that is, you will also know that the tomatoes will be purchased, not homegrown.

2 Responses to Visually Supported Text