PowerPoint vs. Gliffy

Due to an overwhelming amount of printing inquiries at my school, I created a troubleshooting sign for my school using Powerpoint. Given the MET opportunity, I decided to recreate the same sign using Gliffy. After some initial trial and error with connecting the lines and bubbles, rather than just laying them on the page, I found Gliffy to be fairly intuitive and responsive. Best of all is that I just used the flow chart template that they offer, and there are several other templates to use: floorplan, venn diagram, entity-relationship, etc. So Gliffy offers a lot in terms of already created diagram template, unlike Powerpoint  for which you need to create or track them down. One thing that Gliffy did not offer was image copy and paste. Teaching elementary, I am used to adding lots of images so this is important. Gliffy allows you to upload images, but not the quick and easy copy and paste, like in Powerpoint. That’s my comparison of the two programs.

I would be very interested in your comparison. Which do you think looks better and would be more effective for elementary school students? (oh, and I do have a thick skin, so don’t worry)

PowerPoint_My Mac Wont Print

This entry was posted in Making Connections, Rip.Mix.Feed., Technology, Text, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to PowerPoint vs. Gliffy