RSS Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts

• HJDeW 2:18 pm on July 25, 2012 Reply |  

This week’s group topic is a reflection on the value of MET as a venture in educational technology. It has focused on selection, choice and purpose. It also has many thinking and reflecting on why UBC MET was the venture of choice and the value added components of the venture. My reflections included reading the information in this week’s presentation and examining the UBC and MET websites to see how my learning experiences so far in the program have been reflected in my decision to do the masters in educational technology and skills I have acquired. Here is my contribution to this discussion.
    MET @ UBC – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn4IQX2ccdM

• HJDeW 10:58 am on June 28, 2012 Reply |
    Tags: concept map, mind node, personal learning environment   

This week, the group topic has me thinking about personal learning environments (PLE) and how they evolve over time. I began by drafting a concept map of all the personal learning environments, tools and applications I use to construct my own learning. Here is the resulting Mind Node version of this creation. I think that creating another version with images embedded and links to the web locations for the specific applications, tools and aggregators would be the next, improved version of this PLE graphic.

concept map of personal learning environment

• Donna Forward 12:26 am on July 2, 2012 | Reply

Wow Helen, I’m impressed. I’m sure that when you look at this concept map you probably had no idea that your PLE was this rich with information.

Donna

• HJDeW 5:02 pm on June 7, 2012 Reply |  

As I start the adventure into e-ventures as relating to educational technologies, I reflect on stories and ideas. Each venture has a ‘big idea’ that the venturists consider to be the next big thing. From the ‘big idea’ there comes a story. This story has a beginning, middle and end. It has a plot line […]

Continue reading Stories and Ideas

• HJDeW 10:09 am on June 7, 2012 Reply |
    Tags: beginning, ed.tech, journey   

The inspiration section of the course outline led into the preparation for our ventures into the education marketplace.

c
compose new post
j
next post/next comment
k
previous post/previous comment
r
reply
o
show/hide comments
t
go to top
l
go to login
h
show/hide help
esc
cancel