Metro Vancouver invites applications for: PARK INTERPRETERS 2014
As a park interpreter, you will help build appreciation and understanding of special natural and cultural features, and ecological relationships in Regional Parks.
REQUIRED LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
• A valid Occupational First Aid Certificate (Level 1)
• A valid BC Driver’s License, Class 5
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Basic knowledge of local natural and cultural history
• Park Interpretation experience (program design & delivery)
• Experience working with children*, families and adults
∗ Recruitment of the successful candidate is subject to successfully passing a criminal Records Search.
DESIRABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Training in natural history, environmental education, outdoor recreation or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Writing, design or creation of educational materials (props, handouts, brochures and displays)
• Experience working with partners to assist in planning and presenting specific programs and special events
Park Interpreter I: Grade 12 & completion of one year post-secondary education.
Park Interpreter II: Post Secondary Graduation.
WAGE RATE (plus 12% in lieu of benefits)
Park Interpreter l $21.24 – $24.91/hr (Union position)
Park Interpreter ll $23.00 – $27.02/hr (Union position)
Various positions available ranging from four to nine month work terms from Feb to Nov 2014
HOURS OF WORK
Vary with position from 14 to 36.25 hours per week.
Applicants must be available to work flexible days and hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Applications will only be accepted online.
To apply please visit: www.metrovancouver.org/careers
Please indicate if you are a student returning to school in autumn.
and submit your application, citing file TNPPRKINT2014 by January 13, 2014.
In-person interview dates: Jan 21 & 23, 2014
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted