post Category: Uncategorized post Comments (1) postFebruary 2, 2012

After reading Michelle Holmes’ blog, I searched up other guerrilla marketing campaigns.
Guerrilla advertisements are eye catching due to their creative and unconventional nature. The most successful guerrilla campaigns capture the audience’s attention and creates a lingering psychological impact.

Here are two of my favourites out of 80 amazing guerrilla marketing ideas:
http://blogof.francescomugnai.com/2009/11/the-80-best-guerrilla-marketing-ideas-ive-ever-seen/

eye

This innovative advertisement effectively sends their message to their target market. Instead of placing this message on a typical billboard, placing it on a garbage can ashtray top makes sure that the message is conveyed to the intended target market. The sight of a cigarette touching the “iris of the eye” on the garbage gave me goosebumps –and the psychological impact will definitely linger in my mind for a while.

child

The second powerful advertisement I chose also provides a similar emotional impact. Imagine shopping for groceries, and every time you drop an item in your cart, you see this hungry boy hoping for food. If I were this consumer, I would definitely get the cue to give. This campaign triggers thoughts such as, “if I have the ability to purchase these items, I have the ability to give to a hungry child.”

1 person has left a comment

#1

Guerilla marketing can be so powerful, especially the clip with the shopping cart!

avatar  Natalie Shojania wrote on February 7, 2012 - 9:54 am
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Write Your Comment

Comment Guidelines: Basic XHTML is allowed (a href, strong, em, code). All line breaks and paragraphs will be generated automatically.

You should have a name, right? 
Your email address, I promised I won't tell it to anyone. 
If you have a web site or blog, you can type the URL right here. 
This is where you type your comments. 
Remember my information for the next time I visit.