Healthy Minds at UBC

Live well, feel good, achieve success

Graduation, Uncertainty, and Self-Compassion

Recently, a friend asked me, “So, what are your post-graduation plans?” I found myself holding my breath, scrambling to find…

Exams and Play

Memorizing copious amounts of information, researching for a ten-page term paper, and still managing to balance a social life and…

The Modern Day Taco: Butternut Squash & Black Beans

March is Nutrition Month and this year there are 12 featured recipes for you to try! As a lover of…

Embarking On Your Own Mindful Eating Journey

Spending time to enjoy every bite of our meal can often be a challenge for us. Sometimes we are guilty…

Week 4 of the Healthy Relationships Campaign- Fostering Relationships with Others

As University students, it seems almost inevitable that we find our plates full with academic course load, volunteer, work, or…

Have Your Say on Campus Fitness Space by Voting in the AMS Referendum

Did you know that UBC has .15 square feet of recreation (fitness) space per student, which is one of the…

Week 3 of the Healthy Relationships Campaign- Having Difficult Conversations

Welcome to Week 3 of the Healthy Relationships Campaign! This week, the Wellness Peers will be sharing their perspectives and…

Sex in All Languages

January was Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM), an initiative that aims to raise awareness and understanding about the issues around…

I walk in the darkness

Poem by Meredith Graham, fourth-year Child and Youth Care Counselling student at Douglas College I walk in the darkness and the…

Help stamp out bullying: Wear a pink shirt on February 22

In 2007, “David Shepherd, Travis Price, and their teenage friends organized a high-school protest to wear pink in sympathy with…

Week 2 of the Healthy Relationships Campaign- Self-Empowerment

Welcome back to the second week of our healthy relationships series! This week, we’re talking about self-empowerment. What does it…

Week 1 of the Healthy Relationships Campaign- How to Give and Get Consent

In February, relationships are on the forefront of many students’ minds. It’s the season when we celebrate our valuable connections…

De-Stress For Exam Success

Tis’ the season of midterms and assignments. As you buckle in for those late night study sessions and productive work-a-thons,…

Mental Health Symposium 2017

In the Philippines, where I grew up, mental health was often not the first thing that came up in conversations….

Fitting in Fitness- a Graduate Student Perspective

As a new student, at a new university, in a new province, and a new degree, I find it challenging…

A Call Out for Wellness Peers 2017-2018!

“I’ve learned so much about health and wellbeing by being a Wellness Peer. It’s great to have the opportunity to…

A New Year, and a Not-So-New Me

This post features the perspectives of 2 people and is co-written by: Alice Guo and Jenny Xu Jenny: As we…

6 things I wish I knew before going to graduate school

As a second year Master’s student, I’m starting to realize how far I’ve come in the past year. There are…

Day 12 of 12 Days of Holiday Wellness: Spreading the Holiday Cheer!

December can be a very difficult time of the year for students, with exams, assignments, and the pressures of getting…

Day 11 of 12 Days of Holiday Wellness: De-cluttering Those Study Desks

Having my work table near a light source accompanied with greens really helps me feel energized and revitalized. Plus, plants…

© 2017 Healthy Minds at UBC. Theme by Anders Norén.