Time To Get Potlucky

I’m not sure if it’s just that my friends are finally happy with the decoration of their new apartments or what, but I seem to have gotten a lot of invitations to potlucks recently. Now, I know about midterm anxiety, but nothing stresses me out quite like finding and cooking something that will please a crowd, and that’s exactly what a potluck demands.

If you’re like me, or just want to try out a few new recipes as a way to unwind after your exams and papers, check out these great options (one of which I’ve posted below).¬† Do you have a potluck crowd pleaser? Post them in the comment section or submit a guest blog.

Garlic-Tomato Soup

Ingredients: 1.5 kilo tomatoes (ripe and sweet), 3 garlic bulbs, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt – to taste, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 2-3 cups vegetable stock

Preparation: Peel the tomatoes and cut them into cubes. Separate garlic clover, peel them and cut it into super thin slices.

In a big pot heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and saut√© for a few minutes (garlic can’t get brown). Then stir in the tomatoes and cook for another few minutes. Stir in the stock, add the sugar (it should just cover the tomatoes) and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat and cook for about 20-30 minutes. Remove the soup from heat and puree with a hand blender. Taste it and salt it just a little.

Serve hot with a croutons.
(Serves 4)

One thought on “Time To Get Potlucky

1. Thanks for that. We’re having a big potluck party next month, for Christmas I guess and I’ve been trying to find something special to take.. found some good ideas at this potluck recipes site. You know, someone should invent a website where you can write what you’ll be taking, and it would make sure no one is bringing the same thing!