Is it Nap-Time?

Posted by: | November 9, 2010

An interesting read for those of you who feel the “afternoon energy crash”:  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/managing/morning-manager/in-praise-of-naps/article1791100/?cmpid=rss1

I know when I was a student, I would take naps regularly during my study-time.  I do know of folks who like to nap in their office sometimes too, during their breaks.

What do you think?  Naptime instead of your coffee break?

Other people feel that the energy lull in the afternoons is caused by improper nutrition, such as a drop in Vitamin B.

Filed under: Suzanne Jolly | Tags: ,

UBC a place of mind

Food of the Month

Oranges Every month, the Healthy UBC Blog highlights a locally available food, and gives you a recipe or two to try out.  This month, read all about mandarin oranges, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fibre and folate.

>> Food of the Month page.

Nothing on the Healthy UBC Blog should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a medical opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine. Opinions offered in the blog are those of individuals and are not the official voice for any department at UBC.

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia

Healthy UBC / Health Promotion Programs
Department of Health, Safety and Environment
University of British Columbia,
50-2075 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z1
Tel 604-822-8762
Fax 604-822-0572
Email:

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC | ©2009 University of British Columbia