Playing in the Rain Can Be Fun

Posted by: | November 9, 2010

I just wanted to remind everyone that we’re a very privileged society with many high-tech, warm clothing options to choose from… so let’s use those clothes wisely!

In other words, even if it’s raining outside, we’re still able to get moving outside!

Here’s me and my 40 lb short-haired sidekick setting a good example:

I figure that if we can get out in the mud and rain, so can you!  Don’t let November keep you from doing what you love!

Filed under: Suzanne Jolly | Tags: , ,

3 Responses to “Playing in the Rain Can Be Fun”

1. Mel says:

Great picture Suzanne!
    But where is the warm clothing you are wearing?
    The exciting thing about rain falling and the temperature dropping is that it is snowing in the mountains! ski season is on the way 🙂
    Mel

2. Suzanne says:

Thanks! Yes, well, I can’t wear too warm of clothing when I’m biking since I’m staying hot with the workout! 🙂

And yes, you should have seen the snow this morning on the mountains! Just in time for my 4 day backcountry ski trip out in the Whistler backcountry (pictures to come next week!)

3. Mel says:

Is there really enough snow already? Wow! I am jealous! Have a fabulous 4 days and please do post some pictures!

UBC a place of mind

Food of the Month

Oranges Every month, the Healthy UBC Blog highlights a locally available food, and gives you a recipe or two to try out.  This month, read all about mandarin oranges, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fibre and folate.

>> Food of the Month page.

Nothing on the Healthy UBC Blog should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a medical opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine. Opinions offered in the blog are those of individuals and are not the official voice for any department at UBC.

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia

Healthy UBC / Health Promotion Programs
Department of Health, Safety and Environment
University of British Columbia,
50-2075 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z1
Tel 604-822-8762
Fax 604-822-0572
Email:

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC | ©2009 University of British Columbia