Bike & Bike & Bike (First Week of 30 Days of Biking)

Posted by: | April 8, 2011

I wasn’t feeling too well this past week. I even had to sleep away most of Tuesday, instead of coming to work. So my first week of the 30 Days of Biking was challenging.  I had to convince myself to get on my bike most of the week.  Every day I was on my bike (no matter how ill I felt), I realized that it was worth it! Some days (when I was rather ill) was just a little ride halfway down my street and back (then back to bed!), but I did manage to get in three longer (1 hour +) rides as well.

I have an awesome video to show you from my little bike ride (day 2) which was only about 10 minutes from my house, but I can’t seem to get it downloaded.  Instead, here’s a picture of me in the middle of a wet, rainy ride on Sunday on the trails around Squamish.  If any of you know the trails, I’m just down the way from Jack’s Trail.  Even in the rain, riding is fun (as you can tell by my grin).

Filed under: Suzanne Jolly, Uncategorized | Tags: , , , , ,

UBC a place of mind

Food of the Month

Oranges Every month, the Healthy UBC Blog highlights a locally available food, and gives you a recipe or two to try out.  This month, read all about mandarin oranges, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fibre and folate.

>> Food of the Month page.

Nothing on the Healthy UBC Blog should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a medical opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine. Opinions offered in the blog are those of individuals and are not the official voice for any department at UBC.

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia

Healthy UBC / Health Promotion Programs
Department of Health, Safety and Environment
University of British Columbia,
50-2075 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z1
Tel 604-822-8762
Fax 604-822-0572
Email:

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC | ©2009 University of British Columbia