How Do We Create Healthy Habits?

Posted by: | May 24, 2011

Recently, some colleagues from another department asked me to present about putting healthy ideas into action.  What I ended up doing was presenting about understanding one’s motivations and understanding what often causes us to lose sight of our health goals.  If you’re interested in the presentation, you can find it here.

Then today, on my Twitter feed, I found this really great post about how to replace bad habits, so I thought I would share it as well: http://womanzworld.com/inspiration/how-to-replace-bad-habits-with-the-right-ones/

Having been a non-smoker, junk food addict and lazy bum for a large portion of my life, I know how hard it is to break bad habits.  Right now, I’m streamlining my priorities to focus on avoiding my allergens (no dairy, no soy and no eggs!), and building my financial health.  What are you working on for Spring?

Filed under: Suzanne Jolly | Tags: , , , , ,

UBC a place of mind

Food of the Month

Oranges Every month, the Healthy UBC Blog highlights a locally available food, and gives you a recipe or two to try out.  This month, read all about mandarin oranges, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fibre and folate.

>> Food of the Month page.

Nothing on the Healthy UBC Blog should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a medical opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine. Opinions offered in the blog are those of individuals and are not the official voice for any department at UBC.

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia

Healthy UBC / Health Promotion Programs
Department of Health, Safety and Environment
University of British Columbia,
50-2075 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z1
Tel 604-822-8762
Fax 604-822-0572
Email:

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC | ©2009 University of British Columbia