I am Leaving for Change!

Posted by: | November 2, 2011

I don’t have all the details yet, but I’m so excited to announce that for 3 weeks next spring I will be going on the UBC Leave for Change program.  It looks like I’ll be doing organizational change in Africa, but that’s yet to be confirmed.

A really important part of health is intellectual health.  I am constantly striving to find new challenges and opportunities to help me learn more about the world.  Leave for Change is just a perfect opportunity: to be exposed to a new culture and a new way of living life, to understand more about social justice issues, to learn more about health in a different part of the world, to learn about organizational change…and the list goes on.

I will be blogging on here while I’m on the program, so stay tuned for more information!

Filed under: Uncategorized

UBC a place of mind

Food of the Month

Oranges Every month, the Healthy UBC Blog highlights a locally available food, and gives you a recipe or two to try out.  This month, read all about mandarin oranges, rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, fibre and folate.

>> Food of the Month page.

Nothing on the Healthy UBC Blog should be construed as an attempt to offer or render a medical opinion or otherwise engage in the practice of medicine. Opinions offered in the blog are those of individuals and are not the official voice for any department at UBC.

a place of mind, The University of British Columbia

Healthy UBC / Health Promotion Programs
Department of Health, Safety and Environment
University of British Columbia,
50-2075 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z1
Tel 604-822-8762
Fax 604-822-0572
Email:

Emergency Procedures | Accessibility | Contact UBC | ©2009 University of British Columbia