ICES supports studies within a critical education or critical pedagogy tradition, and maintains a network that conducts and circulates cultural, educational, or social research and discourse that are critical in method, scope, tone, and content. See journals and research affiliated links.
- THE REGIMES OF TRUTH OF (GLOBAL) CITIZENSHIP EDUCATION
- Dr. Sebastián Plá of #UNAM | “Curriculum and Structural Violence: Teaching Social Studies in Latin America’s Secondary Schools”
- Sandra Mathison: Privatizing private schools should top list of funding changes
- The Fear Created by Precarious Existence in The Neoliberal World Discourages Critical Thinking / La peur créée par l’existence précaire dans le monde néolibéral décourage la pensée critique
- Public forum: How school funding matters
TrendsAcademic freedom Adjuncts Administration BC education BC Liberals BCTF British Columbia Budgets & Funding CFP CFPs conferences Contingent labor Contracts Critical Education critical pedagogy critical theories curriculum studies education policy education reform Equity Ethics Faculty Free speech Government ICES Idle No More journals K-12 issues Legal issues neoliberalism Protests Research seminar social studies education Strikes Strikes & Labor Disputes Student Movement Students talks Teachers Testing UBC unions Working conditions Workplace Journal