How I wish condolences could help. How I wish I could put words to an explanation for the senseless killing of 20 children and 6 adults today at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut today. How I wish research had just one meaningful word to say or insight to share. How I wish someone could utter one word of consequence. Empathy. Sympathy. How tragic this was, is, and will remain.
- The Fear Created by Precarious Existence in The Neoliberal World Discourages Critical Thinking / La peur créée par l’existence précaire dans le monde néolibéral décourage la pensée critique
- Public forum: How school funding matters
- Sandra Mathison explains how #VSB39 firing by #BCED Minister is political and partisan #bcpoli #UBCeduc ##UBCBEd2017 #ubc
- Vancouver’s polar opposites in funding K-12 v University #ubc #vsb39 #ubceduc #bced
- #Marx, Engels and the Critique of Academic Labor: New issue of Workplace #ubcnews #UBCeduc #criticaleducation
July 2019 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
TrendsAcademic freedom Adjuncts Administration BC education BC Liberals BCTF British Columbia Budgets & Funding Canada CFP CFPs conferences Contingent labor Contracts Corporate University Critical Education critical pedagogy critical theories curriculum studies education policy education reform Equity Ethics Faculty Free speech Government Idle No More journals K-12 issues Legal issues neoliberalism Protests Research seminar social studies education Strikes Strikes & Labor Disputes Student Movement Students Teachers Testing UBC unions Working conditions Workplace Journal