- Conducting database research and compiling short reports to summarize findings
- Downtown Vancouver office setting, consulting company
- We will provide training (paid) on the databases to be used and on formatting for reports
- The work is on an ongoing basis going forward, to meet demand.
- Start date: Immediate
- Language skills
- English language skills (verbal, written, reading) must be high – the majority of work and all reporting is in English.
- Russian language – Must be able to fluently read Russian (Cyrillic) and conduct online research in Russian, and be able to translate findings accurately into English.
- Research skills
- The databases we use include Factiva (Dow Jones), LexisNexis, as well as others.
- You should be very comfortable with following exact instructions in terms of search terms and strings.
- You should also be very comfortable with scanning through (on a computer screen) potentially long result lists and pulling out the results that are relevant to a particular case.
- Computer skills
- All of the databases used are hosted online, so comfort with online navigation (using Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome) is absolutely necessary.
- All reports are composed in Microsoft Word, using templates. You must be very comfortable with copying, pasting, and formatting large amounts of text, formatting tables, and formatting tables of content, and also with producing succinct summaries of findings.
- Time – You must be able to conduct research and produce reports at a rapid pace.
$21 / hour
8 hrs / day (Monday-Friday) – The work is currently full-time as long as demand exists, with occasional requirement for overtime.
Interested applicants can contact
Ramin Lohrasb – firstname.lastname@example.org