Librarian Instructor/Librarian Assistant Professor
Job Opening ID: 11982
University Libraries, Reese Library, Summerville Campus
Reese Library of Augusta University invites applications for the position of Reference and Instruction Librarian (position #11021), a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position with an appointment as Instructor.
The successful candidate will accomplish the following:
- Participate in the re-design, implementation, and assessment of the library’s instructional program.
- Maintain awareness of emerging trends in information literacy, library instruction, and instructional technology.
- Provide research assistance to students, faculty, staff, and other library users in a variety of formats, keeping current on
research resources as well as trends and issues relevant to research assistance provision.
- Serve as liaison librarian to one or more academic units.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining online research guides for assigned subject areas.
- Participate in and make recommendations in collection evaluation projects.
- Participate in the weeding/withdrawal of items from the library’s collection.
- Actively engage in professional development by conducting scholarly research relevant to areas of responsibility, contributing to the professional literature based on research results.
- Actively engage in service to the profession, university, and community, including committee service.11021_Reference and Instruction Librarian_Job Posting (1)
The Reference and Instruction Librarian will serve as liaison librarian to one or more academic units and will serve on library and institutional committees as a faculty member.
The Reference and Instruction Librarian is expected to be active professionally in local, regional, and national associations and will contribute to the professional literature.
- American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree in library science.
- Experience in library instruction or other teaching experience, preferably at the college level.
- Demonstrated awareness of emerging trends in information literacy.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated interest in library research in teaching, curriculum design, or information literacy initiatives.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development through scholarly research relevant to areas of responsibility including publications, presentations, and participation and leadership in professional associations.
- Ability to design course content for both in-house and distance education programs.
- Ability to evaluate and assess instructional programs and teaching.
- Understanding of learning management systems.
- Experience serving diverse communities.
Salary and Benefits:
This position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track). Academic rank will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include a competitive health package, TIAA/CREF, and other retirement options. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
In order to be formerly considered for employment at Augusta University, applications must be submitted electronically and must include a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and names of three professional references. Please submit as one document at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty/
Minimum Recruitment Period: 30 days
Augusta University Application/Recruitment Deadline: Open until filled
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Augusta University is an AA/EEO/Equal Access/ADA Employer.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited