HR2 Heritage Resource Officer 2
Department of Sport, Culture and Heritage
Archives of Manitoba, Provincial Services
Advertisement Number: 33110
Salary(s): HR2 $47,907.00 – $61,694.00 per year
Closing Date: June 26, 2017
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Aboriginal people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- University graduate studies in archival studies or a related discipline. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working as an archivist in a recognized archival institution.
- Experience in the facilitation of access to archival records.
- Understanding of archival appraisal and acquisition.
- Knowledge of the use of techology in an archival setting to facilitate access to records and management of digital content.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strong interpersonal skils with the ability to work with staff and clients with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong oral communication skills including ability to make presentations and conduct tours.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Verbal and written ability to communicate fluently in French.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Job posting: https://jobsearch.gov.mb.ca/search.action (search ad# 33110)