JOB TITLE: Librarian/ Information Specialist
STATUS: Contractual (total of 40 hours)
To assist with developing a search protocol and performing academic database searches for systematic reviews on sex, gender and 4 substances: opioids, tobacco, alcohol and cannabis.
We are seeking a qualified and capable Research Librarian/ Information Specialist to collaborate with our research team in conducting systematic reviews on: sex and gender related factors in use (initiation/uptake, patterns of use), effects, and prevention, treatment or harm reduction outcomes for each of the four substances (cannabis, opioids, tobacco and alcohol); and harm reduction, health promotion/ prevention and substance use treatment interventions and programs that include sex, gender and gender transformative elements to address each of the four substances. Tasks include: working with the research team to develop search protocols, and creating, performing and documenting expert literature searches. The applicant can work virtually, and is not required to work onsite at the Centre’s offices in Vancouver.
- Collaborate with the research team to develop search strategies to support the identification of relevant literature
- Retrieve literature by searching relevant academic databases to produce quality systematic reviews
- Document searches and manage references using Endnote bibliographic software
- MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution
- Course work or demonstrated experience working on systematic review teams across health-related disciplines
- In-depth knowledge of information resources and databases
- Excellent database searching
- Comprehensive understanding of systematic review methods
- Ability to develop appropriate search strategies; use methodological search filters; document the search process; manage references using Endnote bibliographic software
- Ability to work effectively within a research team and independently
Please submit your CV by e-mail to: Nancy Poole firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line: Research Librarian/ Information Specialist