As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Union – CUPE Local 402
Reporting to the Records and Privacy Manager, the Records Analyst will provide subject matter expertise and support to the organization for managing corporate information. They will help drive adherence to standards & policy (unstructured/structured), and ensuring best practices in Records Management (RM), Information management and data governance. This position will provide leadership and growth.
An employee of this class exercises considerable independence of action and judgement.
- Develops, recommends and upon approval, establishes policies and procedures for records and information management systems; develops, recommends and upon approval, implements new and/or revised methods and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Provides advice and training to staff on records and information management policies and procedures; contributes to developing training materials.
- Ensures that administrative files and records are maintained in accordance with established rules, regulations, policies and procedures; arranges, classifies and describes documents, provides assistance and information to users on holdings.
- Participates in paper and electronic projects such as EDRMS, data migration, and scanning; develops project plans and documentation; conducts appraisals and writes reports; works with other records staff to complete projects.
- Supervises the work of staff involved in records management, mailroom, and archival services. Performs related work as required.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you will have the following:
Master’s Degree in Information Studies or Archival Science plus 3 years of related experience. An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Valid B.C. Driver’s License
Conditions of Employment
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Integrity – Service – Teamwork – Innovation – Community