Lillooet Lake Estates (LLE) is a small, incorporated village on the northeast side of Lillooet Lake in the traditional territory of the Lil’wat People. LLE is seeking a volunteer student archivist or librarian to create a digital archive of historic records. This will be a short-term volunteer project (~15 hours) with flexible hours, offering students the opportunity to apply knowledge of archiving practices and gain practical experience. The project will be overseen by a professional librarian who will provide guidance and support.
Project responsibilities include:
* Manage data and organize files
* Assess archival value of stored materials
* Sort and organize records, and prepare material for archiving
* Scan documents and other assets for electronic archiving
* Organize material for deposit or disposal
Desired qualifications are:
* Completion of some coursework in archives management
* Experience with organizing and archiving materials
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary
* Ability to put content in WordPress sites.