The Work Learn Program supports and subsidizes meaningful work experiences on campus that offer the opportunity for all current UBC students to develop their professional skills and learn in a work environment. The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies are hiring for WL W17 G+PS Recruitment Ambassador – CareersOnline Job ID 839781.
How to apply: Starting August 1 applications will be posted on Careers Online
The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (G+PS) is responsible for the recruitment, admission, support and graduation of approx. 10,000 graduate students who attend UBC annually. Within G+PS there are a number of administrative units and programs.
The CASI team is responsible for the Faculty’s communications, student recruitment, data analysis and strategic uses of technology. As a central support unit G+PS supports more than 70 departments in their recruitment efforts and helps establish, communicate and implement various recruitment tactics across the university. The unit delivers training and workshops to dozens of program administrators in these various units and maintains central databases on mobility trends and markets. It provides data and intelligence information to other units to support their recruitment initiatives. CASI will be hiring for 2 positions in Recruitment and Communications.
WL W17 G+PS Recruitment Ambassador CareersOnline Job ID 839781
The G+PS Recruitment Lead Ambassador will lead the development of a volunteer recruitment ambassador program to support the graduate student recruitment initiatives of UBC. Duties include:
- reviewing, in collaboration with other G+PS student ambassadors, student ambassador programs within UBC (e.g. UBC Law) and in other universities to establish best practices for graduate student ambassadors in G+PS.
- evaluating and proposing an ambassador recruitment program for G+PS
- developing a training plan for volunteer ambassadors, including writing a training manual
- establishing relationships with key departmental units to coordinate volunteer ambassador activities
- recruiting, interviewing and selecting volunteers for ambassador program
- training and providing ongoing support for volunteer ambassadors
- providing input on a schedule for a webinar series targeted at prospective students
- working with volunteers on content development for recruitment webinars
- participating and supporting the delivery of recruitment webinars
- supporting the organization of recruitment workshops for program administrators and recruiters
- organizing local outreach events in collaboration with academic units
- researching student mobility trends and maintaining the country-information database
- supporting recruitment tactics submitted as part of the recruitment seed fund
- supporting execution of recruitment and communication executives
- coordinating and distributing contact requests to best matched ambassadors (i.e. program- or country-specific ambassadors)
- analyzing and evaluating effectiveness of program and institute changes if required
- working in collaboration with communications team on preparation of recruitment materials
- other small projects as required.