The Secretariat of the WTO, Archives Section, regularly seeks interns.
Conditions and procedures for internships can be consulted at https://erecruitment.wto.org/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?jobinfo_uid_c=3475&vaclng=en
- Catalogue, index, describe and organize information resources using
Records Management application and other tools.
- Digitize and organize a card index system for historical
correspondence to enable user search and access.
- Review boxes of paper-based records to locate and identify specific
- Provide regular updates of activities to supervisor.
- Assist in other records-related tasks as necessary.
Recognized qualification in information management/archives/records management. At least one year of relevant postgraduate study.
Knowledge and skills:
* Knowledge of international archival standards: e.g. ISAD(G),
ISAAR/CPF, EAD, MoReq;
* Ability to describe records accurately and consistently in English;
* Knowledge of preservation techniques for paper-based records;
* Knowledge of new information technologies;
* Good verbal and written communication skills;
* Advanced knowledge of English. A good working knowledge of French
would be an asset.
The Archives Section generally recruits interns twice a year, in January and July. Interested candidates should send their CVs to Laoise Ní Bhriain, Chief, Archives firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>.
The Archives Section