Resources & Publications Specialist, Full Time – 6 Month Term Contract
The successful candidate will assist with the development and updating of the bc211 database for the purpose of supporting our helplines and/or publications, under the direction of the Manager of Resources and Publications/IT and the daily supervision of the Resources Coordinator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains bc211’s community services information database by:
– Identifying resources that require updating
– Connecting with the appropriate contact person for each resource
– Requesting relevant and up to date information, by telephone or electronically
– Abstracting information from relevant print and electronic sources
– Creating and updating resource records in the database, through data entry
– Making new and updated information available to bc211 staff
2. Participates in the development and implementation of an indexing system for human services
3. Remains informed about community services throughout the Province of BC.
4. Represents bc211 on committees, at meetings, or in promotional undertakings as assigned.
5. Attends and participates in staff meetings and events and workshops hosted by bc211 as required.
6. Contributes to the preparation of reports, proposals, publications, procedures, correspondence, and social media by researching, writing, preparing, copy editing, and proofreading.
7. Performs other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Previous data entry experience is required.
3. Publishing and proofreading experience is preferred.
4. Excellent computer skills with accurate keyboarding (minimum 45 words per minute).
5. Demonstrated ability to research, summarize, and organize information, giving exact attention to detail.
6. Knowledge of community services in the Province of BC.
7. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and also collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a team.
8. Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure in meeting deadlines.
9. Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the public and community agencies.
1. Community College certificate in library and information studies, human services, or equivalent combination of training/experience/education.
2. Committed to attain and maintain an AIRS Certified Resource Specialist (CRS) designation.
Salary: CSSEA/CSSBA General Services Collective Agreement, wage grid 11
Location: bc211, 330-111 West Hastings Street, Vancouver BC V6B 1H4
Employment Date: September 4, 2017
Shift Schedule: Monday to Friday, 7 hour working day, fixed schedule for a 6 month term
Hours per week: 35 hours
Other information: – This position is open to male and female applicants.
– This position requires union membership.
– There is no requirement for use of candidate’s automobile in performance of duties.
– To be considered for this position, candidates must achieve a passing score on required skills tests.
Send application to: RPresume@bc211.ca
bc211 is a nonprofit agency that welcomes diversity and inclusion on our team.