General nature of the duties:
- Support for Virtual Lab Project:
- Updating and creating new content for the site
- Ensuring software related to the Virtual Lab is working properly
- Technology in the Core
- Re-designing and teaching technology workshops on web design and basics of databases
- Advanced technology support for students and instructors in all programs, especially for students taking technology, design, and programming courses
- General IT troubleshooting (software and hardware in SLAIS Labs) and coordination with UBC IT, and Arts ISIT support through the main office
- Availability for ad-hoc online and face to face technical support to students
Skills and Knowledge:
Required to have programming skills (any language, preferably Python), excellent communication and tutoring skills, ability to learn quickly about new software and technologies, and interest in adult information technology literacy training.
Term 1: September 1 – December 31, 2017
Term 2: January 1 – April 30, 2018
Number of Hours: 12 hours/week during Winter Term 1 and Winter Term 2
Please complete the attached application form and return ASAP to Program Assistant Alynne Pols (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Hard copy form available from reception in the main office.
Closing date for applications is: September 8th, 2017