UBC Development and Alumni Engagement’s Research and Prospect Analytics Department is seeking 1 Work Learn Research Assistant (RA) to provide information and analysis on a variety of projects . Working with our team of 10 researchers and an additional Research Assistant, the RA executes projects to identify and assess potential major gift donors and alumni leadership volunteers for the university; the RA’s work includes locating and interpreting relevant financial, philanthropic, and biographical information. Responsibilities:
- Conduct database searches of public records and internal information sources to locate data relevant to the identification and cultivation of prospects.
- Collect and code research in spreadsheets. Create summary reports and initial analysis of findings.
- Write profiles on individuals, companies, and foundations following department templates.
- Organize search profiles and regularly monitor news media, selecting relevant stories that could advance the university’s relationship with donors and alumni. Prepare updates for UBC Development and Alumni staff.
- Access and update records within an enterprise-level content management system.
- Other duties as required.
This position runs September 2017 through April 2018. The Research Assistant works 10 hours per week and sets his/her own schedule within regular office hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5:30pm). Pay is $17.62/hour. Cover letter and resume should be sent as soon as possible to Shahin Sharma, Research Analyst (email@example.com). Interviews will be scheduled August 21st through August 28th. Only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.