The primary role of this position is to assist the transition from Connect (current course management system) to Canvas, within the Biology program. This role will include basic face-to-face support for faculty members where they work, basic support and troubleshooting in the use of learning technologies, appropriate referrals to other IT support services, development of help guides, and assistance in the evaluation and revision of our course templates.
We are looking for a motivated Project Assistant to work with us on this project. The ideal candidate would have an interest in course management systems and educational design, have excellent research and troubleshooting skills, be able to communicate clearly in speech and in writing, and would enjoy working with people.
– Becoming familiar with Canvas and these specific course templates
– Troubleshooting Canvas issues.
– Working with faculty to show them how to use the templates.
– Assisting IT support and faculty with building of course sites.
– Assisting with the development of help guides tailored to use of the templates.
– Conducting surveys of faculty and students about the effectiveness of the templates.
– Helping to assess progress through the collection and analysis of the relevant data.
– Conducting research into Best Practices of course management systems.
The following experiences would be assets to this position, but are not explicitly required:
– Experience with course management systems (e.g. Connect; Moodle; Canvas).
– Experience generating and analyzing surveys.
– HTML and CSS experience
This position will be paid at the Project Assistant rate of $18.83/h, 10h per week (150h per 4-month term) for up to 45 weeks (12 months).
Interested candidates should email a resume or CV to Liane Chen at email@example.com, and include a cover letter detailing their background, skills, and interest in the position.