The New York State Archives is seeking candidates for an Archives and Records Management Specialist 3 position in the New York State Records Center. The Records Center is responsible for the storage, access and routine disposal of inactive records from state agencies. Under the direction of an Archives and Records Management Specialist 5, the incumbent of this position will serve as the manager of the State Records Center which houses approximately 300,000 boxes of inactive state agency records. Other duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Assist in the delivery of a system of technical advisory services to
State agencies and oversee the operations of the State Records Center;
* Work with other State agencies to assist them in efficiently storing
and disposing of inactive and obsolete records;
* Develop systems to continuously improve the operations of the State
Records Center to ensure it meets agency needs;
* Work collaboratively with other archives staff to assist agencies in
implementing records retention and disposition schedules;
* Assist in the development of training programs for State agencies and
local governments in relation to records management topics;
* Assist in the delivery of publications and other resources to assist
agencies in the management of records throughout their life-cycle;
* Coordinate the delivery of services to assist agencies in transferring
permanently valuable records to the New York State Archives and work collaboratively with staff in the Archival Services Unit to ensure transfers are effective: and
* Supervise staff.
Starting Salary – $71,847. Leads to a salary of $90,876.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by September 6, 2017 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). You must include the Box number (OCE-1022/26234) in the subject line of your email and/or cover letter to ensure receipt of your application.
For more information and instructions on how to apply please visit http://www.oms.nysed.gov/hr/flyers/OCE_1022_26234.htm