September 1, 2017 to September 11, 2017
October 2, 2017
The United Church of Canada Archives in Toronto is comprised of the General Council Archives and the Central Ontario Conferences Archives of the United Church of Canada. The General Council Archives is responsible for maintaining the Archives of the National Church and its antecedent denominations (Methodist, Congregational and some Presbyterian Church records). The primary role of the Assistant Archivist will be to process General Council records and personal papers collections.
- Processing, arrangement and description of General Council Archives backlog. Performing appraisal in consultation with supervising staff and creation of finding aids and catalogue records as directed;
- Reference work in Archives reading room and responding to General Council reference inquiries;
- Digitization of General Council Archives records as required;
- Other responsibilities as determined by the GC Archivist or other supervisory staff.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Masters in Information Studies or Archival Studies preferred.
- A solid background in archival principles and MPLP; familiarity with RAD and demonstrated experience with managing textual, photographic and other types of archival collections is desired.
- Experience with DBTextworks and Microsoft Excel is an asset.
This position works from the United Church Archives located at 40 Oak Street in Toronto, Ontario under normal office working conditions. Attendance at occasional evening and weekend meetings may be required. This is a full-time term position (35 hours/week) October 2, 2017 – December 31, 2018.
The annual salary for this term is $43,277.62. Pension and group benefit plans coverage and annual vacation round out this compensation package.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, quoting the job number to D. Collier.