The Emily Carr University Library is seeking a librarian to provide in-person and virtual reference
services, and perform some cataloguing duties. Candidate will receive training on Emily Carr
University Library systems and procedures.
This is a part-time limited term appointment (September-December 2017) working up to 12 hours
per week. Schedule will be determined based on library needs and candidate availability. Some
evening shifts may be required.
– Undergraduate degree with a strong focus in visual art, media, design, or art history.
– Master’s degree in Library Science, or equivalent, from an accredited institution.
– Knowledge of innovative approaches to providing information services
– Knowledge of information resources in visual art, media, design, critical studies, and cross-disciplinary subject areas.
– Knowledge of bibliographic tools and electronic resources related to visual art, media, design, critical studies and cross disciplinary subjects.
– Previous experience with AskAway virtual reference is desirable.
– Familiarity with current cataloguing standards.
– Superior communication skills.
– Ability to work independently.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES:
– Provides assistance to students, faculty, and the general public in the use of information resources in all disciplines and formats.
– Provides in-person reference services.
– Provides virtual (AskAway) reference services.
– Performs original cataloguing on materials in art, design, and media subject areas.
– Other duties as assigned.
Please send a cover letter and resume (quoting Competition #F013-2017) by 4:00pm,
Monday, September 11, 2017 to: Human Resources, Emily Carr University, 520 E 1st Ave,
Vancouver BC V5T 0H2, Fax: (604) 844-3885 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be
submitted as a single pdf document.