Title: Part-Time Project Assistant, William J. Hill Texas Artisans and Artists Archive, Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Prepares textual materials for inclusion into the Digital Collection Management System by indexing and assigning metadata.
- Scans original documents and artifacts, processes images, indexes the content, assigns metadata, and uploads into the Digital Collection Management System.
- Assists with subject research for metadata and collection development.
- Assists with process of requesting and recording permissions from relevant institutions and owners to include non-public domain resources in the digital archive.
- Assists in coordinating work with volunteers and partner institutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of digital content management systems, metadata schema, and controlled vocabularies preferred
- Knowledge of American art, decorative arts, or history preferred
- Dependability and great attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be physically able to lift heavy books, climb ladders, and work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time
Education and Experience:
- B.A. degree in a Humanities field required
- Experience with spreadsheet software and database entry required
- Work experience in a library or archive is preferred
Additional information and full job listing can be found under the Library heading at https://www.mfah.org/about/current-openings/