Battle River School Division Instructional Media Commons supports and promotes the transformative nature of the library learning commons for robust, personalized and equitable learning for all.
In the role of Instructional Media Commons Coordinator, the successful applicant will provide a significant collaborative leadership role. The Instructional Media Commons Coordinator models and supports the development of 21st century literacies (including digital and information) and provides coaching and mentoring for wise and effective development of school library learning commons. Responsibilities also include the development, evaluation and expansion of innovative district resources to support:
- The Division’s vision of ‘Every Student, Every Day, A Success’
- The realization of the BRSD Everyday 4: Welcoming and Caring, Literacy, Numeracy, and Teaching and Learning (21st Century)
Areas of Responsibility:
- Foster literacies to empower life-long learners
- Co-plan and support the design of learning commons environments to promote participatory learning
- Promote IMC services and resources to Division staff
- Provide remote and/or on-site support to school librarians in developing inclusive, flexible, learner-centered spaces for collaboration, inquiry, imagination and play to expand and deepen learning
- Use, and support others to use, technological platforms and resources including the school division’s Library Management System and the IMC portal site
- Access and analyze appropriate information technology to acquire, organize and disseminate information in order to successfully manage the school division IMC
- Organize and coordinate the purchasing, licensing, storage, distribution, rebinding and recycling of instructional resources
- Schedule and supervise van courier services within the Division
- Monitor and manage the annual IMC and textbook budgets
- Schedule the distribution of provincial exams in alignment with provincial requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Learning Service
Qualifications and Work Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree or Master’s Degree in related Libraries or Education field
- Experience in managing in a school library and working collaboratively with teachers to design and implement resource based instructional programs
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with librarians, teaching staff, school leaders, and Division personnel.
- A commitment to embracing change, innovation, exploration, and life-long learning.
- Ability to communicate, in writing and orally, with clarity, accuracy and professionalism
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Valid Alberta Class 5 operator’s licence
For further information, please contact Ms. Diana White, Manager of Learning Services at 780-672-6131 Extension 5223 or email@example.com
To apply please visit brsd.ab.ca/Careers or follow the link below.