We are presently recruiting for an Analyst to join the Portfolio Construction and Research group in our Total Portfolio Management department. The Analyst will support the department’s total portfolio management mandate, which includes broad management of the total portfolio.
As a member of the team that is responsible for generating the firm’s economic and market forecast, the Analyst will support a wide range of activities, including creating and refining programs used to generate and track our forecast, suggesting and implementing enhancements for our models, monitoring economic and market developments, and contributing views about the outlook.
- Support the team’s generation of our economic and financial market forecast
- Contribute to the ongoing refinement and expansion of our forecasting model, in addition to other related quantitative work
- Establish relationships with key data providers and external subject matter experts to help maintain the robustness of our projections
- Provide timely communication relating to current developments, the outlook, and changes to our forecasting model
- Work cross-functionally with other team members and departments to ensure continued alignment with the CPP Investment Board’s vision, goals and values
- Other duties as required
If you possess the following, we’d like to hear from you:
- A graduate degree in economics or are currently enrolled in a graduate program
- Experience in applied econometrics and time series analysis
- Deep interest in financial markets
- Superior analytical skills and a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and new challenges
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and work in a high-performing culture, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to think critically and creatively, and exercise good judgment
- Highly effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Exemplify our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process