CPPIB has an immediate need for an Information Governance Officer and Project Manager. Working as a member of the Compliance team within CPPIB’s Legal Department, this role leads the development of CPPIB’s information management and governance framework and associated strategies and policies to ensure integrated and consistent approaches to records and information management are applied across CPPIB’s global operations.
In this role you will be a key member of a dynamic team of compliance and legal professionals. You will provide specialized expertise and services associated with the development, delivery and ongoing enhancement of the CPPIB’s information governance program by developing and maintaining operational policies and procedures, clarifying and monitoring accountabilities and roles, and implementing review processes and measures relating to the Information Governance Program.
This role interacts with a variety of clients, stakeholders, and related projects on a daily basis. They can range from internal clients at all levels of the organization, to internal and external service providers, and vendors and stakeholders. Self-education, training, and understanding and communicating the importance of value-driven information governance throughout its value chain is fundamental to success in this role.
You will use your records management skills and knowledge to define and coordinate the implementation of an integrated records classification system that aligns with relevant legislative, compliance and corporate framework. You will also be responsible to identify gaps and take appropriate actions to mitigate them, including the assessment, selection, implementation and evaluation of a technical solution for CPPIB.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide a records management perspective during the implementation of CPPIB policies and standards relating to or affecting the management of records (e.g. e-mail use policy, etc.)
- Provide project management leadership and oversee the delivery of information governance initiatives
- Make recommendations and facilitate the conversion of records to alternative media in accordance with legislated requirements and industry standards
- Work with IT staff to ensure CPPIB’s systems allow for the application of IG best practices and approved classification and retention periods
- Write reports, business cases, correspondence, and recommendations on IG matters for consideration by management
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators and direct risk assessments/ audits of IG standards compliance
- Monitor emerging industry trends and adjust policies, standards, best practices, and procedures accordingly for all service responsibilities and champion change at the enterprise level
- Act as the project manager for all IG services provided by consultants or other service providers
- Prepare and administer budgets
Consider Applying if you have:
- Experience in compliance, financial management, or investments
- Experience in developing and implementing Information Management and/or Information Governance technical solutions.
- Certification or formal education/training in one of more of: data management, records management, knowledge management, information governance or project management
- Minimum of 7+ years of enterprise-wide experience in a similar role, preferably in a public sector organization or in a regulated industry
- Knowledge of best practices for managing records in all media, applicable legislation, and IG standards and best practices
- Proven ability in developing strategic and operational work plans
- The ability to understand the needs of stakeholder groups, build trust, and develop partnerships, aligning projects and activities and delivering services that meet stakeholder needs
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn.
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.