The University of South Carolina School of Library and Information Science in Columbia invites applications and nominations for a tenured faculty position at the Associate or Full Professor level to begin fall 2018.
The School is particularly interested in a candidate with specializations in one or more of the following areas:
- Academic Libraries
- Research Methodologies
- Information Retrieval
- Digital Repositories
- Information Science
- Instruct undergraduate and graduate courses in both face-to-face as well as online environments
- Mentor and advise undergraduate and graduate students
- Participate in instruction, research, publication, grant writing, and other scholarly activities
- Provide service to the department, college, university, profession, and community
- Doctorate in library and information studies or related field
- Capacity to teach in undergraduate, masters, and doctoral programs
- Successful record of research, teaching and service reflective of a tenured professor
- Capacity to advise at the graduate level
- Knowledge in creating educational materials for face-to-face and online instruction
- Understand and appreciate information science’s connection to field of librarianship
- Teaching experience in an online or distance education environment
- Active involvement in one or more professional organizations appropriate to area of expertise
- Experience in procuring grants or external funding
- Experience working with doctoral programs
Applications and nominations are invited for this position. Salary is fully competitive. The Committee will begin full review of applications and nominations on December 4, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Find the full job description at: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/19570 . All application materials MUST be submitted at the link above.
School Information is available at http://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_schools/cic/library_and_information_science
For further information, questions, or to submit nominations, send an email to Dr. Dick Kawooya, Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 803-777-4949 or Mike Corbo, Office and Communication Coordinator, at email@example.com, 803-777-3858.
The University of South Carolina is committed to diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to continuing to develop a more diverse faculty, staff, student body and curriculum.