The Community Service Assistant 3 (Archives Collections Assistant) will assist the Archivist to make collections more publicly accessible through the digitization and description of archival records. All archival descriptions will be entered into the MINISIS database and made available to the public through Heritage Services’ SAMOA (Surrey Archives & Museum Online Access) search engine.
- Digitize and describe archival records of various mediums;
- Enter all descriptions in the MINISIS database and make available to the public in-person in the Archives Reference Room and online through SAMOA;
- Assist in reference services, public programming and outreach events.
- Completion of post-secondary courses in history, archival research or records management are an asset;
- Work experience within a cultural heritage facility with supervisory experience is favorable, along with training and experience in archival description;
- Valid driver’s license, with a safe driving history;
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates (or acceptable equivalent).
Start & End Dates: November 21, 2017 – March 10, 2018
Days of Position: Tuesday – Saturday
Hours of Position: 8:30-5:30pm
Funded in part through Heritage Canada’s Young Canada Works Building Careers in Heritage, applicants need to meet specific eligibility requirements including: Candidates must have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution within the last 24 months, be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment, are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, and will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed with this position. To find out more, visit: http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1459878161086.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 1778 or click here. Posting will remain online until the position is filled.