Davidson College seeks a collaborative and innovative early career Digital Archivist to join our archives and special collections team. Reporting to the College Archivist & Records Management Coordinator, this person will partner with the Special Collections Librarian, the Project Archivist for Justice, Equality, and Community, the College Archivist, and other members of the library staff to preserve and make accessible born-digital and digitized archival content. The Digital Archivist will lead the development and implementation of policies, standards, and procedures for the acquisition and preservation of digital archival collections and will engage in outreach activities to promote the use of these collections.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association ora Master’s degree in Archival Studies with experience in an academic library
- Successful completion of coursework specifically addressing digital libraries, digital archives, digital preservation, digital forensics, and/or electronic records
- Internship, practicum, or experience working with born digital materials in an archives
- Knowledge of metadata standards, including Dublin Core, MODS, MARC, and EAD
- Familiarity with one or more digital platforms, including WordPress, Bepress, Shared Shelf, ArchivesSpace or Omeka, and significant use of digitization technologies
- Evidence of analytical, organizational, communication, and time management skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and complete tasks
- Experience with fragile and unique materials and video, audio, and image editing
- Familiarity with copyright, rights management, and privacy laws, especially as these concepts apply to the retention and preservation of born-digital and digitized materials
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with others to provide reference and instruction
- Interest in coordinating, documenting, and preserving oral history collections
- Understanding of undergraduate liberal arts education
This is a full-time, 12-month position. Apply by December 4, 2017, for fullest consideration. Open until filled.
Candidates are asked to submit a resume and a cover letter addressing their experience and skills and how these relate to the mission of Davidson College and the Library. For more information and the online application: http://employment.davidson.edu/cw/en-us/job/492653/digital-archivist