Apply your library technician education and experience and build your career
Annual Salary: $ 40,998.81 – 46,409.47
This position will provide classification and cataloguing for all types of materials, with a focus on government documents. You will order, select and catalogue library materials and provide references, inter-library loans, audio-visual, and related financial and administration services. The Library Technician recommends the acquisition of library materials based on user needs and the review of information from vendors, associations, industry, publishers, businesses, and governments. The position may include some additional systems and reference work under the supervision of a Librarian Administrator.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Diploma from a two or three year library technician program.
- Minimum one year of relevant experience, which includes:
- Experience classifying and cataloguing books and other materials using established tools and standards such as DDC, LCSH.
- Experience answering general reference questions; searching online data bases and internet, compiling available information, and summarizing content to fulfill user requests.
- Experience providing customer service.
To learn more, including how to apply online December 11, 2017 please visit:
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.