University of Delaware Archives and Records Management seeks qualified applicants for the position of Coordinator for Digital Archives and Records.
The person selected for this position will have primary responsibility for:
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining a digital asset management system to manage the electronic collections of the Archives Program,
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining resources for the intake and archiving of the university’s electronic records, including documents, databases and data sets, file formats of all types, and web content,
- Working with university units to establish protocols and procedures for the transfer of electronic records and content to the Archives Program via the Records Management Program.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Graduate degree required. Graduate degree in Library and/or Information Science (MLIS, MLS, etc. from an ALA accredited institution) strongly preferred. Graduate degree in History or closely related discipline secondarily preferred. Coursework in Computer Science or closely related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years professional experience working as an archivist or digital archivist required. Experience in institutional settings (i.e., universities, companies, government agencies, etc.) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of current developments and software used in the management of electronic records and digital preservation required.
- Understanding of and ability to apply controlled vocabularies and descriptive standards required.
- Familiarity with current archival metadata standards required.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and to work collaboratively with university stakeholders to implement and run complex projects in a changing environment required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and ability to take initiative required.
- Familiarity with digital asset management systems, electronic content management systems, archives information management applications, and institutional repositories required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of archival, digital curation, and records management principles and best practices required.
- Familiarity with the history of the state of Delaware and that of the University of Delaware preferred.
- Experience with wide range of computing operating systems, storage systems, and file formats preferred.
- Prior experience supervising staff or students preferred.
- Track record of progressively responsible duties required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.udel.edu_aboutus_legalnotices.html&d=DwIFAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=obecDVKKGEkmQkvyQQrcFnRu9zzfm3SuDJzEdeAJ-vQ&s=O2jNpl47YkfE_ClZMPbojH1SY6x84hx4pOLN2W3LjIo&e=
For information about the University of Delaware and to apply to this position, please visit UD Jobs at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__udjobs.nss.udel.edu-3A4450_psc_RESUME_EMPLOYEE_HRMS_c_HRS-5FHRAM.HRS-5FAPP-5FSCHJOB.GBL-3FPage-3DHRS-5FAPP-5FSCHJOB-26Action-3DU-26FOCUS-3DApplicant-26SiteId-3D888&d=DwIFAg&c=pZJPUDQ3SB9JplYbifm4nt2lEVG5pWx2KikqINpWlZM&r=b5NZPQUb9_r2rQ3Zd74ATT3aSs9yKyRnJLOhqJvd7fE&m=obecDVKKGEkmQkvyQQrcFnRu9zzfm3SuDJzEdeAJ-vQ&s=oU8QtF_aWR8zYEkQdWwsMJ95SVvoNkLF5L-g0u9J1_E&e= .