We’re looking for enthusiastic and energetic individual to spend the summer helping the Surrey Museum in community outreach through a variety of summer programs and events, and helping prepare for the grand reopening in September 2018.
Working as part of the Museum team, a Community Services Assistant 1 will:
- Provide cultural and historical program opportunities for the local community;
- Assist in the delivery of the Surrey Museum’s Reminisce Kits;
- Organize, prepare and deliver Museum weekly community outreach programs;
- Assist in the creation of exhibit scavenger hunt sheets for the galleries;
- Assist to distribute promotional material for the Museum’s grand reopening event and fall school programs.
This position is supported by the Canada Summer Jobs program. This position is contingent on Federal Government Grant funding. Successful candidates must meet the criteria set forth by the grant program, including:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Must be current (January-April 2018) full-time student in a recognized post-secondary program;
- Planning to return to full-time studies in the Fall of 2018.
The Museum Community Services Assistant 1 will also have:
- A current Emergency First Aid with CPR-C/AED certificate;
- Some experience working with children and the public;
- Experience in a cultural facility setting.;
- Courses in Museum Studies, History, Anthropology, Archaeology, Geography or Education is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca to Job ID 1832. Posting will remain open until January 31, 2018.