The Winthrop Group’s Information & Archival Services Division has an immediate opening for a full-time Project Archivist to help enhance the value of the Archives of a family-owned business in San Diego. The Project Archivist will collaborate with members of The Winthrop Group team and with client staff to provide archival services.
The position requires familiarity with archival principles, practices, and professional standards.
The Project Archivist will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and managing a small, but growing, Company Archives program
- Processing archival items, interfiling materials according to Record Series structure, and updating descriptions in a finding aid
- Helping to coordinate logistics for digitization work to be conducted by external vendors
- Assisting with selection of an appropriate Digital Asset Management (DAM) or Collection Management System (CMS)
- Ingesting digitized files, capturing descriptive metadata and doing quality control reviews
- Developing a DAM (or CMS) Training Guide and provide training for staff
- Evaluating and responding to reference and research requests
- Compiling and tracking monthly Service Requests.
- MLS or MA in history with archival management certificate and/or experience
- Minimum of two years of experience in an archival setting
- Experience working in business archives
- Proficiency with managing digitization projects and with collections management systems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, and work cooperatively with clients and colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail
Monthly rate based on experience and level of qualification.
Please send a resume; a list of no fewer than three references including names, titles, postal and e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers; and a brief writing sample to David Kay dkay[at]winthropgroup.com and to Richard Hobbs rshobbs[at]winthropgroup.com.