Youth Program Coordinator
Bowen Library is seeking a creative, enthusiastic and organized individual to run weekly summer programs for Bowen Island youth. This year’s Summer Reading Club theme “Motion Commotion” will be used for core programming to ages 5 to 12. But we encourage you to use your own idea to expand that theme and to create programs for other ages.
- Creating and running weekly programs for kids with a focus on books, reading, creativity and fun. And…
- Planning, marketing and implementing 7 weeks of weekly programs for children ages 5 to 12
- Helping children and their parents find great books to read
- Looking at ways to engage middle years and teens in the library or in programs
- Assisting with all programming in the library during the summer
- Working at the library’s circulation desk
- Evaluating program success and reporting on outcomes
- Taking on other library duties as assigned by staff
- Creative, organized, enthusiastic and responsible
- A leader and a planner
- Some experience working with groups of kids ages 4 and up
- Aged 15 to 30 years
- Returning to full time studies in September 2018
- 15 weeks of full time work at $15.00 per hour (Tuesday to Saturday from May 15 to August 25)
- Develop proven abilities in planning and implementing programming for youth in a public library
- Great work experience developing skills in independent work, planning and leadership
- Friendly, welcoming staff team
Applications accepted now until position filled.
Submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact Tina Nielsen or Sue Geist at 604-947-9788
* This position is contingent upon receipt of Canada Summer Jobs grant funding. Eligible applicants will be between aged 15 – 30 years and will be returning to full time studies in September 2018.