(This position to last not later than December 31, 2018)
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
Our Legal and Legislative Services Department is seeking a Records Coordinator who will specialize in the integration of department records into the corporate Records Management System. The incumbent ensures compliance with records retention regulations; analyses departments’ records requirements; recommends and develops training materials and conducts training sessions.
An individual with a passion for records management. You have good analytical skills, an attention to detail, strong communications skills and you enjoy working with a variety of customers.
In this role, you will:
- Plans and coordinates the integration of client department records into the corporate records management system; ensures for compliance with records retention regulations; and runs regular reports related to security, access and retention status.
- Analyzes departmental work practices, workflow, and records requirements and recommends appropriate corporate records classification, retention schedules and security groups.
- Recommends and develops training materials; conducts departmental training sessions on the records management system; and develops and maintains user manuals and guides.
- Acts as a resource person and provides technical expertise, information and assistance to records management system users and departmental records custodians; communicates new procedures and standards to client departments.
- Participates in a variety of records management projects; carries out assigned segments of projects as assigned.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by completion of a certificate in program in records management and considerable related experience; OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of the functions and requirements of client departments and of the policies and procedures governing the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of the corporate records classification system and related information classification principles and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of the methods and principles utilized in training users in the use and application of the records management system.
- Ability to analyze users’ records requirements, recommend procedures to integrate same into the corporate records information management system.
- Ability to make decisions in the light of established precedence and resourcefulness in meeting new problems.
- Ability to develop user materials and conduct training sessions related to the work performed.
- Ability to provide advice and assistance to user departments regarding the records management system and related records retention requirements.
- Ability to prepare, maintain and control a variety of records and to analyze and prepare reports on matters related to the work.
- Competitive salaries.
- Exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan.
- Employee wellness and recognition programs.
- Many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by April 18, 2018.